Microsoft this week revealed details about the latest update to the Xbox app for Windows PC, which is now available for download from the official store. The Xbox app was created to help gamers discover and download new games on Game Pass. Thanks to Microsoft’s cloud gaming service, not only can console games be played on your Windows PC system, but you can also chat with friends across PC, mobile, and Xbox consoles.
The latest Xbox App January Release Reference 2301.1001.5.0 includes a wealth of new features, tweaks and enhancements, including new UX and bug fixes. One issue that Microsoft still needs to address is that the “Guide Button” and “Show Stream Menu” icons in the top left corner of Remote Play disappear when using the “Desert” high contrast theme. Other high contrast themes do not have this issue,
Xbox app January 2023 update
New user experience
– The installed games list in the sidebar now shows additional data such as pending invites and achievement percentage.
– Enhanced the “Coming Soon to Game Pass” module on the Game Pass page.
– Added a new module to rotation showcasing available EA game trials. This module appears on Home from time to time, and you can always find the listing from the dedicated EA Play hub within the app.
– Adjusted the size and weight of some fonts on game pages for better readability.
– Fixed an issue where the install size was not displayed after recently installing the game.
– Fixed a bug that prevented some devices from loading content in the Game Pass tab.
– Fixed a bug that caused the “Cloud Gaming Jump Back In” list to load infinitely on ARM devices.
– Fixed certain scenarios where it got stuck and the app had to be restarted.
– Fixed some issues with Vietnamese and Filipino localization.
Filed Under: Top News, Xbox
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some articles contain affiliate links. When you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets earns an affiliate commission. learn more.