share the article
The Caribbean is a popular destination for Americans, with so many islands to choose from, each offering its own charm, but one country has broken records and has more visitors than ever before. .
Grenada is fast becoming a popular destination for Americans, who make up over 60% of the visitors.This is aided by its proximity to the United States, which is a five-and-a-half-hour flight, regular flight itineraries to bring travelers to the island, and an attractive digital nomad visa program.
The tiny island nation welcomed more than 14,000 visitors in November, setting an all-time record for total visitors, and December is projected to be on track to break the record for the same period in 2019.
Petra Roach, CEO of Grenada Tourism Board, said: “We are laser focused on attracting visitors who want to take advantage of a safe environment, numerous community initiatives, and get out and about.”
What makes Grenada so popular with tourists?
Crystal clear waters, rainforest treks, pristine landscapes, spicy scents and friendly people are just some of the reasons that draw travelers to this beautiful and safe destination. This oval island is only 13 square miles for her, so by car he can circumnavigate the island in less than six hours, distracted by stops at beautiful scenery and attractions along the way. you’ll end up
Top 5 Travel Insurance Plans for 2023 Starting at $10 a Week
Since the British ruled France in the 1700s, Grenada has had an interesting cultural influence, with a mix of American Indian, French and British customs. This is especially seen in dishes that reflect different cultures, such as the regional dish oil down, a salted stew of meat and vegetables. It also has a strong French influence, as seen in its place names and surnames, making it a diverse city to explore and witness different customs.
what to do in grenada
- Swim on its glorious beaches: There are over 45 different beaches to explore. Each beach is made up of fine white sands, crystal clear waters and beautiful scenery, making it hard to choose. Grand Anse Beach is popular with tourists because it offers long sandy beaches with beautiful views and water sports such as water skiing, parasailing and kayaking.
- Discover its underwater sculptures: Grenada is home to the world’s first underwater sculpture park, containing 75 sculptures for up-close via snorkeling, scuba diving, or viewing from a glass-bottomed boat. Installations include Jesus Christ in water, children holding hands, newspaper reporters, and more.
- Find the best waterfalls: Discover breathtaking hidden gems, waterfalls, in the Grenada rainforest. From Seven Sisters Falls, which create large pools to swim in, to Mount Carmel Falls, which drops water at sharp angles of 100 feet, many of these waterfalls require scenic hikes through the jungle and opportunities to see local animals and wildlife. gives you .
- Learn about agriculture in Grenada: The Belmont Estate is a popular tourist attraction where you can learn about Grenada’s agricultural scene with tree-to-bar craft chocolate experiences, organic farm tours and farm-to-table dining at its restaurants. Grenada wouldn’t be complete without a spice tour of different spices such as cloves, mace and cinnamon, and a tour of the Antoine Rum Distillery to taste the local rum.
- Tasty Food Taste Test: From checking out the best barbecue joints for grilling fish, pork and chicken to sampling authentic Caribbean cuisine at local restaurants, there is a long list of flavorful foods you must try in the Spice Island of Grenada. .
traveler alert: Don’t forget your travel insurance for your next trip!
↓ Join the community ↓
of Travel Off Path Community FB Group Get the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&As every day.
Subscribe for latest posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest travel news straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com.