Apple has leaked that its latest iOS software is almost ready to share with us, and it will be released this week. Apple likes to release updates on Tuesdays, so I figured it would be Tuesday, or possibly later, given that the first reviews of the Mac mini and MacBook Pro grabbed headlines today. Please read the reviews.
Anyway, regarding the release of iOS 16.3: dear readers, I was wrong.
Apple chose to release the update a day earlier than expected, an hour or two earlier. We will introduce the content and how to obtain it.
Make Forbes the destination for all iOS. Read on for more details on what will be released by me the moment it lands. Kate O’Flaherty Examine security considerations for each new release.and read Gordon KellyAnalysis of whether to install or wait.
Which iPhones can run iOS 16.3?
Apple iOS 16 works with all iPhones from iPhone 8 onwards, and this update includes relevant features for all these phones.
how to get
Updating is easy. Open the Settings app on your device,[一般],[ソフトウェア アップデート]then select[ダウンロードしてインストール]Click to do everything automatically.
I think the most important factor in this update is Apple’s low billing. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and it Blinking horizontal line Across the screen, we’re overjoyed to know that this update is here to sort it out.
But new wallpapers to celebrate Black History Month are also welcome.
Big security news iCloud advanced data protection, which means 23 data categories are more secure with end-to-end encryption. Equally important, Apple ID security key, in other words, physical security keys can make your data more secure when it comes to two-factor authentication. It’s also a big hit.
new HomePod 2nd generation will also be supported in this update. It’s on sale next week, so I’m glad I got it now.And there is an update on how Emergency SOS call jobs.
There are more.Problem of free form, appears to have resolved an issue where some drawing strokes made with Apple Pencil or fingers might not appear in the shared board in the new collaboration tools. In this update, The wallpaper may appear black on the lock screen.
if you find home lock screen widget If the Home app status isn’t showing up accurately, I’m glad I investigated.problem Siri does not respond well Music requests (and that’s infuriating) are also taken care of.Also, Siri related issues Siri requests in CarPlay It may not be categorized correctly, but let’s hope.
Lots of new stuff, lots of fixes. If everything works, this is a welcome update.
Here’s Apple’s changelog:
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
• In honor of Black History Month in the United States, new Unity wallpapers celebrate black history and culture.
• iCloud Advanced Data Protection expands the total number of iCloud data categories protected using end-to-end encryption to 23, including iCloud backups, notes and photos, and protects against data breaches in the cloud But protect your information.
• Apple ID security keys allow users to increase the security of their accounts by requiring a physical security key as part of the two-factor authentication sign-in process on new devices.
• Support for HomePod (2nd generation)
• Emergency SOS calls require you to hold and release the side button and the volume up or down button to prevent inadvertent emergency calls.
• Fixed an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes made with Apple Pencil or finger did not appear in the shared board
• Addressed an issue where the wallpaper would appear black on the lock screen
• Fixed horizontal lines appearing briefly during boot on iPhone 14 Pro Max.
• Fixed an issue where the Home lock screen widget was not showing the Home app status accurately.
• Addresses an issue where Siri might not respond properly to music requests
• Resolves an issue where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be recognized correctly
Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices. For the security content of Apple Software Updates, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT201222