Columbus, Ohio (WANE) Due to expected high winds associated with a major winter storm heading into the Midwest, the Ohio Turnpike will be closed to certain vehicles from 6am Friday to 8am Sunday Did.
the following car models be banned Until travel restrictions are lifted or expire, from travel on the Ohio Turnpike:
- All eye-catching tow trailers, campers, boats and enclosed trailers. (excluding 5 wheel trailers);
- A commercial truck towing a single empty 53 foot trailer.
- All mobile homes, office trailers and livestock trailers.
- All Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) including long double trailer combinations over 90 feet in length. (enclosed trailers only, including Conestoga type trailers); and
- Combination of all LCV triple trailers.
the following car models Allowed To travel on the Ohio Turnpike:
- self-propelled camper;
- discreet trailer;
- folding camping trailer;
- A pickup truck equipped with a slide-on camper unit.
- Vehicles towing five-wheel type trailers or other types of trailers towed by passenger cars or pick-up trucks;
- Commercial trucks towing single flatbed or box type trailers.
- Commercial truck towing a single 53ft trailer loaded/loaded.
- A commercial truck pulling a trailer for a car carrier.
- Commercial trucks towing flatbed double-trailer combinations over 90 feet.
- Commercial trucks towing double trailer combinations less than 90 feet.
- A two-axle bus less than 40 feet.When
- Buses with three or more axles less than 45 feet.
A high-profile vehicle ban covering the entire 241-mile Ohio Turnpike will be continuously evaluated for the duration of the storm.