To get a roundup of TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT, subscribe here.
Welcome back everyone! Below you’ll find our 2022 recap and some news. There are always stories to share. Well, this is the Wednesday edition of the Daily Crunch. — Hank
TechCrunch Top 3
- amazon sports: The tech giant wants to continue its foray into live sports broadcasting, adding to its current line-up of Thursday Night Football, Premier League soccer and more. Aisha report. Pro Tip, Amazon: Add cricket to your plans.
- ring true: Movano beats the CES rush to launch smart ring Evie with a focus on women’s health. Brian report.
- underwater: Earlier this month, Boundary Layer veered into building a personal watercraft offering more than $60,000 to stakeholders when it was ready. Haje The company reports over $1 million in orders.
Dear Sophie: Do employees have to stop working until they get their EAD?
One of our employees has an H-4 visa and has employment authorization documentation. It has been five months since he applied for renewal of her EAD, which is due to expire next month. Is there a way to expedite this process: if he doesn’t receive his new EAD card before his old EAD card expires, will he have to stop working?
I’m concerned about another employee who has an L-2 visa whose EAD is due to expire early next year because of the length of time it takes to get an EAD card.
Additionally, the H-4 visa employee would like to visit family members in India as it has been more than 3 years since they last visited. Will he and his family be able to return to the US in four weeks?
We’ve also rounded up the best climate coverage for TC+ this year.When Tim We had a few more favourites:
TechCrunch+ is a membership program that keeps founders and startup teams a step ahead. You can sign up hereUse code ‘DC’ and get 15% off your annual subscription!
Big Tech Co., Ltd.
- twitter trimming: Norway-based developer said Ivan She had reached her platform’s follow limit, so she created a tool to help sift through the list of accounts she follows.
- Political…tick tock: The US House of Representatives has ordered all employees and lawmakers to remove TikTok from government-issued phones, citing “security concerns.” curly writing.
- Bitcoin mining transaction: Galaxy Digital has agreed to acquire Helios, Argo Blockchain’s bitcoin mining facility, for $65 million. Jackie writing.
- Code generation AI:It is cool. good, Kyle writes about research that finds that code generation AI can introduce security vulnerabilities.
- Good news!: Amanda, Kyle, TimDevin and Rebecca Here’s a roundup of some good news about technology. This gang of TC reporters are scratching their heads to unearth the goodness of technology in 2022. The Control Inflation Act and climate technology powered by the James Webb Space Telescope are on the list.
- move: Rebecca has compiled the biggest transportation stories that moved the year.
- investor survey: When Kallang and Ram offer a glimpse into an investor survey they conducted at TC+ this year.