What did you find under the tree this year? Air fryer, smoothie maker, slow cooker? Juliet is in the kitchen with a foolproof recipe guide with all the gadgets you might find under the tree. She’s got everything from Christmas pudding her cookies made in minutes in her air fryer to flavorful turnovers made in her toastie machine and chocolate her pies.
air fryer christmas pudding cookies
125g softened butter
100g white sugar
Golden Caster Sugar 75g
1 large egg
2 tablespoons brandy or rum (optional)
200g cake flour
150g leftover Christmas pudding
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
Additional sea salt flakes to sprinkle (optional)
Serve clotted cream or vanilla ice cream, or leftover brandy cream (optional)
1. Line the tray with a baking sheet and set it aside. Place butter and sugar in a stand mixer or use an electric whisk and beat until white and creamy.
2. Beat eggs and add brandy or rum.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, ginger and fine sea salt and mix dry ingredients until combined.
4. Add the Christmas pudding chunks and stir.
5. Use your hands to roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball (hint – moisten your hands with water to keep them from sticking).
6. Space the dough balls out on a lined baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or refrigerate overnight to improve texture and flavor. (Can also be wrapped and frozen). So with just a few extra minutes of cooking, your cookies are ready to bake whenever you want).
7. Cool completely on a tray to harden. If desired, serve with clotted cream, leftover brandy cream, or ice cream just before serving.
8. Bake in an air fryer at 180°C for 8-10 minutes, remove and immediately sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
100g melted chocolate, milk or dark
store-bought salted caramel sauce (optional)
purchased donuts or brownies
Baileys Irish Cream 60ml
Cold shot of espresso coffee – 60ml
175-200g vanilla ice cream
2 tsp sprinkles of your choice
1. Dip the glass in melted chocolate and let it drip down the sides. Add furikake to the rim and drip.
2. Drizzle the brownies with melted chocolate and garnish with sprinkles.
3. Pour the Baileys, coffee and milk into a blender, add 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream and blend.
4. Top with whipped cream and push straw into brownie (or balance on edge of glass). Serve with caramel sauce if desired.