Whether you’re using a high-end Android phone or a low-end Android phone, you’ll probably take pictures with it. It’s perfectly fine to see them on your phone screen, but it’s best to transfer them to your computer. You can There are several ways to achieve this, some of which are specific to some brands, and others which don’t always work on Macs.
There are plenty of free options to transfer photos between devices with no prerequisites, allowing you to seamlessly send files from your Android device to your PC or Mac. Read on to find out which one is best for you.
Transfer photos using a USB cable
A USB cable is a quick and easy way to transfer photos and files from your phone to your computer. A basic USB-A to USB-C cable can be used. However, it works best if your computer has a USB-C port and you have a USB-C to USB-C cable. Here’s how the process works:
- If you’re using a Mac, install Android File Transfer.
- Connect your phone to your Mac or PC using a USB cable. If your computer has a USB-C port, use a USB-C to USB-C cable or a USB-A cable with an adapter. Otherwise, use a USB-C to USB-A cable.
- unlock the phone, notification tray.
- Tap the USB status notification.you might say USB charging via USB.
- If you are using a USB-C to USB-C cable, USB controlled by select the section This device.
- under Using USBselect File transfer.
- When prompted, tap to approve on your phone.
- A file transfer window opens on your computer.
- Browse to your folders and drag and drop the photos you want to transfer to your computer.the camera roll DCIM folder.
- Once done, take your phone out of your computer’s operating system and unplug the USB cable.
Transfer photos using Bluetooth
If you’re transferring a few photos, Bluetooth may be a good option. Bluetooth doesn’t require cables and works seamlessly regardless of which operating system you’re using. It’s relatively slow transfer speed makes it not the best way to send more than a few photos.
Set up Bluetooth sharing on Mac
- Open System Preferences.
- click share.
- select Bluetooth sharing.
- back to main System Preferences screen.
- click bluetooth.
- Make sure your Mac shows up as discoverableIt’s on the left under the big Bluetooth logo.
Set up Bluetooth sharing on your Windows PC
- open window setting.
- click Bluetooth and devices.
- click device.
- click Send and receive files via Bluetooth [関連設定]under section.
- click Receive files.
transfer photos from mobile phone to computer
After completing the above steps, go to your phone and share the photo.
- Android smartphone gallery app.
- Find the photos you want to transfer. If they are one after the other, hold down the first one and slide your finger over the others to select them all together.
- Tap. share button.
- select bluetooth.
- Tap your computer’s name to start the transfer.
- If you haven’t paired your device, you’ll see a prompt on your phone and computer. Accept on both to pair the two devices.
- You may be asked to accept inbound transfers on your computer.
- Once transferred, the images will be available in your computer’s File Explorer or Finder.
Transfer photos with Google Photos
Another easy way to move photos from your phone to your computer is with Google Photos. Photos from your phone are automatically uploaded to the cloud, so you can easily get them to your computer without any hassle. This requires an active internet connection, but doesn’t require you to select an image to send.
Before you start, allow Google Photos to automatically upload your photos to the cloud. Method is as follows.
- Open Google Photos.
- your profile picture.
- If you see “Backup is off”, tap it Turn on backup.
- Tap to confirm turn on backup Also.
Now that your photos are backed up in the cloud, you can easily retrieve them on your computer.
- Use your favorite web browser and go to Google Photos.
- Select the photos you want to download.
- Tap. ⋮ Overflow menu It’s in the upper right corner.
- click download.
- Google Photos creates a ZIP archive containing the selected photos, which you can download to your computer.
Save photos easily
Most smartphones these days take good pictures, but they often need to be transferred to a computer in order to be edited, saved or viewed. This process is relatively easy and doesn’t require many actions. Depending on how many photos you want to transfer, a Bluetooth connection may be the fastest option available. However, if you are sending more files, consider using a faster and easier cable connection. Still, with a reliable internet connection, the Google Photos app is a great way to back up your files to the cloud and download them to your computer.
No matter which method you choose, Google Photos is a valuable partner to help you organize your photos, both locally and online. If you’re not convinced, check out our selection of the best Android photo gallery apps that work as alternatives to Google Photos. In most cases, you can’t upload your photos to the cloud, but you can transfer photos from your phone to your computer using a USB cable or Bluetooth.