Manage your medications with the new Health app feature on your iPhone.
Medication adherence can be an important factor in managing chronic health conditions and ensuring overall health. However, it’s easy to forget to take your medications, especially if you have busy schedules or managing multiple prescriptions. There are built-in solutions to ensure that
With the release of iOS 16, Apple added a new feature to the Health app called Medications. The Medication feature allows users to log and schedule medications, set reminders, and share medication lists with loved ones and healthcare providers. This article will walk you through the steps necessary to set medication reminders on your iPhone using the Health app.
Note: According to Apple, the Medications feature is a useful tool for managing medications, but “it’s the only tool that allows you to safely manage your medication schedule. Talk with your doctor, pharmacist, family members, and caregivers to see what works best for you.” Make a plan. For you.”
What you need to know
- Medication tracking functionality in the Health app requires an iPhone running iOS 16 or later.
- At this time, the ability to scan medications using the iPhone Health app is currently only available to users in the United States.
Track Medications on an iPhone Running iOS 16 Using the Health App
- open health apps on your iPhone.
- choose Browse Select a tab below, medicine.
- Tap add medicine.
- On the next screen, add your medicine using your camera or enter it manually.
- Select the type of medicine (tablet, capsule, cream, etc.) and tap it. Next.
- Then add the drug strength.Optionally, you can skip this step.
- On the next screen, select a dosing frequency (regular intervals, specific days of the week, or as desired), enter a start date, and specify the number and dose of each dosing.
- You can also customize the medication reminder icon by choosing a shape and adding a color.
- Check the entered content and tap end.
- To make sure your medication reminders are set correctly, Medication → Options → Medication Reminder → Toggle On.
If you have an Apple Watch (running watchOS 9 or later), the Health app also sends reminders to your smartwatch. You can record the medicines you take directly on your Apple Watch. Additionally, you can add a medicine lock screen widget to track your medication dosage.
In conclusion, setting medication reminders on your iPhone is a useful tool that helps you take care of your health and make sure you are taking your prescribed medications. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Check out these awesome Apple iPhones!
Apple iPhone 14
The iPhone 14 enters the market as the smartphone of choice when you want high-tier performance, great cameras, and battery life that will last you through the day.
iPhone 14 Pro
The iPhone 14 Pro is the brand’s latest premium smartphone. It features a new circular ‘Dynamic Island’ notch, a 48MP primary camera sensor, an A16 Bionic chipset and more.
iPhone 14 Pro Max
The iPhone 14 Pro is the brand’s latest big-screen premium smartphone. It features a new circular ‘Dynamic Island’ notch, a 48MP primary camera sensor, an A16 Bionic chipset and more.