This guide will show you how to download YouTube videos to iPhone. Sometimes it’s easier to have your favorite content directly on your device. On long flights, you may want to enjoy videos and music while traveling. Or maybe you just need to watch your favorite videos regardless of your internet connection.
Whatever your situation, this guide will show you how to get the job done. By downloading content, users can access it regardless of their mobile phone or internet connection. In short, everything you need from the platform is always available.
Unfortunately YouTube has a problem. Downloading videos requires a YouTube Premium subscription. This is currently the only way to download content from the platform without violating the company’s terms of service.
Users can sign up for a YouTube Premium account here.
It’s also important to note that when you download videos from the platform, the content is kept within the app. This means that even if you download the video, you still need the YouTube app to access the content.
download youtube videos to iphone
Follow these steps to download YouTube videos to your iPhone.
Duration: 1 minute.
How to Download YouTube Videos to iPhone
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
Swipe down from the home screen to find the YouTube app.
- Tap the video you want to download.
- Select a download option.
You can also find download options within the three dots next to the video when searching.
- If this is your first time downloading a video, you will be asked what quality you would like.
Choosing a lower quality will save storage space on your device, but the resolution will not be as good.You can also change these settings later.
- The video will download to your device.
Once you download the video, you can watch it anytime, anywhere. The video stays on your device as long as you maintain an internet connection once every 30 days.
How to View and Delete Downloaded YouTube Videos
If you want to go back to your downloaded videos, follow these steps:
- Tap Library in the bottom menu of the app.
- Downloaded videos are available in the Downloads section.
It’s also easy to delete downloads if you need space.
- From your Downloads library, select the three dots next to the video you want to remove.
How to view and control Smart Downloads
Your device can also download videos automatically thanks to Smart Download. If you’d like to turn this feature off or adjust your settings, here’s how:
- [ダウンロード]From the menu,[スマート ダウンロード]Click the gear icon to the right of
- It should automatically go to Background and Downloads.
- From here you can turn off smart downloads.[スマート ダウンロードの調整]You can also go to and change certain options, such as video quality and which videos to download. Here you can also change the download quality.
Thanks to this feature, users can access their favorite content regardless of their cellular or Wi-Fi connection. It’s a great way to enjoy your favorite content wherever you are, so give it a try.