Check out our step-by-step guide to allow calls only from your Instagram contacts.
New Delhi ,Has been updated: Jan 8, 2023 14:13 IST
India Today Webdesk: Have you ever received a call from a number you didn’t know and answered the call with a sales pitch or worse? You can change your iPhone settings to
Most people are aware that they can block certain callers on their iPhone. This is called a “blacklist” and means you agree to receive calls from everyone except a selected group.
But what if you get frequent calls from numbers you don’t know? You may be surprised by the ringing tone.
Silent Mode for IPHONE:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone
- Scroll down and select “Do Not Disturb” from the settings menu
- After tapping “Allow Calls From”, select “All Contacts” from the list of possibilities
- If you want to always filter incoming calls from unknown numbers,[応答不可]in the menu[常時]Select a button.
- Or if you want to block unauthorized callers only during certain hours,[スケジュール]touch the button.
- While Do Not Disturb mode is active, all unknown calls go directly to your voicemail and you will not receive notifications or messages. It’s a great technique for not getting distracted when you’re trying to focus on something important, or just want to get some rest.
Silence unknown calls:
- Launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone and select “Phone” from the list of options
- Scroll down and toggle the switch next to “Silence Unknown Callers” to the “ON” position
- With Silence Unknown Callers you get the best of both worlds. In short, the ability to screen calls without missing the calls you really need. The call itself doesn’t bother me, but I get a silent notification that the call was missed.