If you frequently use the Google app on your iPhone, you can use home screen and lock screen widgets to quickly access your apps and see information at a glance.
The release of iOS 16 brought many interesting new features to the iPhone. This update includes a redesigned notification view, live activities on lock screen, improved focus mode, and new FaceTime features. However, the new customizable lock screen is the most interesting addition.
You can easily add new widgets, change colors and fonts, and even create additional lock screens. I can’t. Today I will show you how to make the widget Google on iPhone.
Adding widgets generally requires the latest iOS version on your iPhone. Widgets have been around in iOS for a while, but only recently got a fresh look when Apple rolled out iOS 14.
So if you want to pin widgets directly to your home screen, your iPhone must be running iOS 14 or later. However, if you want to add widgets to your lock screen, you’ll need to update your iPhone to iOS 16 or later if you haven’t done so already.
More importantly, adding the respective widget to your home screen or lock screen requires the appropriate Google app to be installed on your iPhone. For example, if you want the Google Maps widget, you must first download the Google Maps app from the App Store.
Once you’ve installed the necessary Google apps to add the desired widget, the process is pretty straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press and hold an empty area of the home screen until the app starts shaking.
- Tap. Plus (+) Click the icon in the upper left corner to display the widget menu.
- use search bar Find Google apps. If there is a widget, it will appear in the results. Here we use Google Maps as an example.
- Like other apps, Google Maps offers several widget options to choose from. Select the one you like and add it to any of the available home screen pages.
You can remove this widget at any time by long-pressing and selecting it. remove widget from the menu. If you have a different focus mode set, you can also add widgets specifically for the focus mode home screen.
Assuming your iPhone is running iOS 16 or later, here’s how to add the Google widget to your lock screen:
- Long press on the lock screen, customization button
- tap now lock screen.
- Once in lock screen edit mode, tap the widget area below the clock to see the list of available widgets.
- Scroll through the list of widgets to find the Google widget you want.
- Each app offers several different widget options, so choose the one that works for you.
- Tap a widget of your choice to add it to your lock screen. You can drag the widget to change its position.
This process is common for all Google apps. Most Google apps now support widgets on the iOS 16 lock screen. The list includes Google Search, Chrome, Drive, Maps, Gmail and News. iOS 16 allows you to have multiple lock screens, but the widgets you set for one are dedicated to that particular lock screen.
Lock screen widgets have been around on Android for quite some time, so it’s good to see iPhone users finally have one. These widgets only provide bite-sized information, but once you get used to them, you can’t go back.
Google apps are top class, so it makes sense if you want to add widgets for those apps to your home screen or lock screen. However, there are thousands of other widgets for iOS that work well. just find the right one.