The future belongs to creative builders and smart risk takers
January 12, 2023
Techstars Equitech Accelerator announces 10 early-stage companies selected to participate in the three-month Immersive Accelerator Program. The new cohort is the second class of startups across verticals and industries with emerging technology solutions. Hailing from cities in Baltimore and across the country, each founder benefits from access to capital, business development, and senior leadership.
In tandem with Techstars’ global ethos, this accelerator will nurture high-growth startups rooted in the value of diversity, led by founders of underrepresented communities, and develop technologies that increase access and equity. or The program boasts abundant global success with startups undergoing definitive models that redefine equity, access and belonging across tech startups and non-tech scale-ups.
Led by Managing Director Adam Phillips, he brings legal, business and deep investment experience. The accelerator envisions the construction of the country’s first Equitech city while cultivating Techstars, a global network that helps entrepreneurs succeed, and an ecosystem that brings technology to everyone in Baltimore. He is a collaboration with UpSurge Baltimore, an organization that has Leveraging the creative ingenuity of Baltimore citizens, leaders across the city of Baltimore are working together to build an inclusive innovation economy led by this alliance.
“The future belongs to creative builders and smart risk takers, so we are excited to announce the second class of Techstars Equitech Accelerator, 10 early stage companies,” said Phillip. “This has been a highly competitive application process and has produced an impressive group of high-growth technology and technology-enabled companies that we are privileged to work with over the next 13 weeks.”
Mentorship is a distinct value of the program. Individuals with deep industry investment and entrepreneurship experience, including Fearless Founder/CEO Delali Dzirasa and Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures Executive His Director Christy Wyskiel, will join this year’s cohort expansion. One of his networks in Baltimore.
Through a 13-week program, the Techstars Equitech Accelerator focuses on the needs of a diverse portfolio of companies and the key mentors that drive each founder’s business success. The program will culminate in a “Demo Day” on April 6, 2023, with a public showcase attended by potential investors, stakeholders and his members of the community.
TECHSTARS EQUITECH CLASS FOR 2023:
- BlackHedge (Jacksonville, Fla.) – A mobile investment app that enhances the end-user trading experience with artificial intelligence and data analytics. blackhedge.io
- CyDeploy Inc. (Baltimore, Md.) – An automated testing system that enables security and functionality testing and modification without disrupting operations. cydeploy.com
- TechRow (New York, NY) – An immersive media network that reimagines education by making learning experiences in augmented and virtual reality accessible to all students. techrow.org
- THE MOST Inc. (Washington, DC) – A marketplace and hub for natural hair enthusiasts, offering cutting-edge, all-in-one styling solutions for the textured hair care market. themostcurls.co
- Vectech Inc. (Baltimore, Md.) – AI diagnostic entomology system identifies harmful insects that spread disease and cause agricultural or economic losses. vectech.io
- ReBokeh Vision Technologies (Baltimore, Md.) – An app-based assistive technology system that enables people with moderate visual impairments to personalize their view of the world. rebokeh.com
- Frontline Gig (Norfolk, VA) – An on-demand gig stuffing platform that uses AI and hourly workers to help cities keep up with cleanup and environmental jobs. frontlinegig.com
- Sanitas Health, Inc (Los Angeles, CA) – A behavioral health platform designed to make mental health services fundamentally accessible and inclusive to BIPOC and low-income individuals. gotosanitas.com
- Divaneering Lab Inc. (Baltimore, Md.) – Beauty technology hair dryer that efficiently dries removed hairpieces without damaging heat. Meets Spandle.com
- Pickups Technologies Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) – A hyperlocal supply chain partner for retailers and carriers, enabling them to continuously optimize their fulfillment and shipping capabilities. usepickups.com
Techstars’ global network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars started with three simple ideas. Entrepreneurs create a better future for all, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Today, Techstars’ mission is to enable everyone on the planet to contribute to and benefit from entrepreneurial success. In addition to running accelerator programs and venture capital funds, Techstars connects startups, investors, companies and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in over 3,100 companies with a combined market capitalization of approximately $156 billion. techstars.com
UpSurge Baltimore mobilizes Baltimore’s unrivaled entrepreneurial assets into America’s leading innovation city and the country’s first Equitech city. A premier tech city where diverse entrepreneurs have found innovative companies. Where the tech workforce of the future is growing in our neighborhood. Prosperity is shared by all zip codes. A place where technology that changes society is born. UpSurge helps launch, support, grow and celebrate high impact startups. UpSurge also develops strategies to attract new businesses, talent and capital to Baltimore. upsurgebaltimore.com
Share articles on social media or email: