Asus is one of three companies to unveil gaming Chromebook concepts earlier this year. However, its first entry, the Asus Chromebook Vibe CX55 Flip, has some of the weakest internal components of the trio, with a configuration as low as a Core i3 CPU, with all processors sourced from Intel’s 11th Gen. In contrast, Acer and Lenovo used 12th generation chips.
Also: Acer Chromebook 516 GE review: As good as cloud gaming
Now, Asus is back with the first 2nd generation gaming Chromebook to hit the market, and it’s making the first round by packing some of the highest-end specs yet to be seen in this category into the new Vibe CX34 gaming Chromebook. seems ready to overturn a decision from .
These specifications are:
- CPU: Intel Core i3-1215U, Core 15-1235U, or Core i7-1255U
- GPUs: Intel Iris Xe graphics (Core i5 and i7 models) or UHD graphics (Core i3 models)
- memory: 8GB or 16GB RAM
- storage: 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB SSD
- screen: 14″ WUXGA (1920×1200) IPS panel running at 144Hz refresh rate, touchscreen and stylus support
- port: 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1 x HDMI 2.1, 1 x 3.5mm audio combo jack, 1 x Kensington lock slot, 1 x microSD card reader
- webcam: 720p
- Wireless connection: Dual-band 2×2 Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2
- weight: 1.8kg (63oz)
- Size: 31.95×23.49×2.09cm
With 12th Gen CPU options, updated displays and video outputs, and plenty of RAM and storage headroom, the CX34 is clearly designed to be a step up from its predecessor in nearly every way.
And Lenovo’s IdeaPad Gaming Chromebook proves it’s not the hardware that’s holding back cloud gaming
It incorporates Asus’ trademark ErgoLift hinge, so you can play Android games from Google’s Play Store in tablet mode, or even use it as a configurable gaming display, like the image above. .
Asus didn’t provide details on potential pricing or release windows at the time of writing, but we’ll update this post when they do. Launched at $550 to $650. That said, some configurations of his original Vibe CX55 ran as high as $730, so the top-of-the-line version of the new Vibe CX34 may be skewed in the $800 realm.