We’ve all heard about the unintended consequences of Apple’s AirTags being used by stalkers and thieves to track people. The company has released multiple updates that it claims will make users safer.
CLICK TO GET KURT’S CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH QUICK TIPS, TECH REVIEWS, SECURITY ALERTS AND EASY HOW-TO’S TO BE SMARTER
However, Apple is working overtime to prevent stalking by people who use AirTags maliciously and has released an update that provides more accurate tools to help you spot and locate unwanted AirTags nearby. Released.
How to save yourself from your holiday travel nightmare
What does Apple’s latest update do?
With Apple’s latest update, Precision discovery. This feature has always been included in AirTags since its first release. However, previously it could only find registered AirTags. Now you can identify unknown AirTags that you are unknowingly tracking.
Greenwald Calls on TIKTOK for Censorship on Behalf of US Government, Not Just China
iPhone warns you when an unrecognized AirTag is nearby and plays a noise alert when an AirTag is hard to hear to help you recognize it faster. This feature is only available on iPhone 11 and newer models. To install, you need the latest iOS 16.2 or later update.
Twitter users applauded, as Musk declared that Twitter would “follow science” and encourage “asking questions.”
How can I check if my AirTag has the latest updates?
AirTags do not update automatically like iPhones, iPads and laptops. Instead, get firmware updates released over time instead of making them available to all users at once. Here’s how to check if your AirTag has the latest firmware update:
- open look for me app
- Tap item Select your AirTag from the list
- Tap the AirTag name to view serial number When Current firmware version
- The latest update at the time of this publication is version 2.0.36, so if that’s listed, you’re all set. If another version is listed, check back periodically to see if your device has been updated.
What to do if you find an unknown AirTag
- remove the battery immediately Push down on the center of the back panel and rotate counterclockwise. This will disable the AirTag until you put the battery back in.
- Look inside the AirTag Look up the serial number and call the police.
- Do not discard or destroy your AirTag. Please report it to the police along with the serial number.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
For more information on how to detect or disable AirTags, please visit CyberGuy.com, click the magnifying glass icon at the top of my website and search for “AirTag”.
Also, while on my site, please subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved. Articles and content on CyberGuy.com may contain affiliate links that earn a commission on purchases.