US, Middle East and North African allies expand cooperation on cyber defense
- “We got actionable and relevant threat information through these channels,” he said in an interview.
- He later explained more in an emailed remark.
- He did not say whether the information was about Iran. But he said Iran “has loomed large over the region” and, in his speech, criticized Iranian cyberattacks on Israeli water utilities and the U.S. transportation and health sector.
- “This administration consistently condemns the use of spyware and licensed spyware developers as violating human rights and freedom of expression, and is open to partners when they have concerns,” he said. is writing “That said, there is a long history of defense and security cooperation between the United States and our partners in the region, and it is critical that we work together against cyber threats shared by our critical infrastructure.”
- “We work together on cyber defense with partners around the world who align with our values,” he continued. “Our efforts to expand the Abraham Accord focus on network defense and cybersecurity collaboration to address common threats such as nation-states and widespread ransomware attacks targeting critical infrastructure. We share information about cyber threats, incidents, and our approach to these challenges to improve overall cybersecurity and resilience.”
Exclusive: Customs officials say they will update phone search procedures at borders
- “CBP is committed to protecting the rights of individuals from unjustified search and seizure and ensuring privacy protections while performing our national security and border enforcement missions,” said the CBP Deputy Commissioner. says. Troy Miller wrote in a letter. “CBP remains committed to providing as much notice and transparency as possible regarding border inspections of electronic devices.”
- The agency also said it plans to produce a more detailed report on why the search was conducted and to better explain the implications of the procedure to travelers.
Biden administration moves to ban US companies from exporting to Huawei
HHS warns of surge in Russian DDoS attacks against hospitals
- US cyber ambassador Nathaniel Fick Speaking at an event organized by the German Marshall Foundation on Thursday at 10:30 am