Tired of people snooping through your phone’s contents? We can teach you different ways to hide apps so you don’t accidentally stumble upon them.
With these tips, you won’t have to rush to delete apps before giving your iPhone to someone else. So, here are 5 ways to hide apps on iPhone.
1. Remove from home screen
The first method is probably the easiest way to hide the app from your home screen, so we’ll go over it in a moment.
- Press and hold the app you want to hide until the context menu appears.
- select remove app from the list.
- select Remove from home screen.
Alternatively, you can press and hold it long enough for all the apps on your home screen to start shaking. minus (–) and select. Remove from home screenBoth methods are very easy and you can move the app to your app library.
To find hidden apps, simply search for them in your app library. You can then unhide them by pressing and dragging them back to the home screen.
2. Create folders to hide apps
This is not a simple option that you can find on your iPhone like the previous method, but it is still very noticeable and has proven to be very useful. To do so, follow these steps carefully.
- Press and hold an empty area of the home screen until the app starts shaking.This indicates that you entered edit mode.
- Now drag the app into an existing folder or drag it on top of another app to create a new folder.
- Once the app is in the desired folder, drag it right to the second page of the folder and place it there.
If you want to go one step further, you can create up to 12 pages in your folder, as long as each page has an app. This gives you 11 pages for hiding apps.
The home screen only shows the first page of the folder, so no one knows the app is there when they glance at their smartphone. Plus, putting apps in folders kills two birds with one stone because it minimizes clutter.
Speaking of organization, you can also take a look at these creative iPhone home screen layouts to organize your apps.
3. Hide the entire home screen page
This method is best if you want to hide multiple apps at once. Not many people know about it, but you can discreetly hide an entire page of your home screen. Here’s how to hide apps using this method:
- Put all the apps you want to hide on a separate home screen page. To accomplish this, simply press and drag the app to the right until you see a blank home screen page.
- Press and hold an empty area of the home screen until the app starts shaking. edit mode.
- Tap the three horizontal dots icon at the bottom of the screen. Shows a zoomed out version of all home screen pages.
- Tap the checkmark below the home screen page you want to hide. The checkmark will disappear and the page will be grayed out, indicating that it has been hidden.
- press end Save your changes.
When I swipe through the home screen pages, I see that this particular page is not visible. This is because these apps are stored in the App Library.
If you change your mind, repeat the above steps to see the checkmark again and the home screen page will reappear.
4. Hide Apps Using Siri & Search in Settings
You can use this method as an add-on to the previous method to prevent apps from appearing in search results and Siri suggestions. However, the app will still show up when searching in the app library.
Here’s how to hide apps from Siri and Search.
- Open Siri & Search of Configuration.
- Scroll down to the apps you want to hide.
- If you want to hide the app from search results and suggestions, turn off all toggles or turn off the option according to your preference.
For privacy-conscious iPhone users, you may also be interested in how to delete Siri search history to protect your privacy.
5. Hide App Purchases in the App Store
It’s unlikely that someone will look into your App Store purchase history, but that’s a whole different story if Family Sharing is turned on. Because you can.
This method won’t hide the app from your home screen or anywhere else on your device, but it will hide it from your App Store purchases list, so your family members won’t be able to see the app in Family Sharing. To hide your purchase history for , follow these steps:
- Open the App Store and tap your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- go to purchased.
- Swipe left to select the app you want to hide hide. The app disappears from the list.
- Tap end.
If you want to unhide or unhide hidden app purchases, you’ll have to take the longer route and follow these steps:
- Tap your App Store profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Then tap your Apple ID name at the top.
- scroll down to hidden purchases.
- Tap Redisplay.
If you don’t want anyone in your family to be able to see your current or future purchases completely, you can stop using Family Sharing or remove other family members from Family Sharing.
Hiding iPhone apps is easier than you think
From hiding a single app to hiding entire home screen pages, Apple has come up with some valuable features to help keep your iPhone apps away from prying eyes.
Additionally, you can disable search results and suggestions to avoid unexpected notifications from hidden apps.For added security, you can also lock the Photos app on your iPhone.